MooseWood Nature Center is always seeking ways to improve our center and offer interesting educational programs to our community. In order to do so, we need help in raising money to support these objectives.
Some of our immediate needs are:
- General operating funds which will enable us to hire qualified staff (Executive Director, program staff) thus increasing our outreach and our organizations mission: to celebrate nature through education and action in the upper peninsula.
- Virginia Long School Scholarship Program. This fund provides public school field trips for the greater Marquette and surrounding areas.
- Winterizing of our large classroom and a larger, energy efficient heater that will provide year-round use of this area.
- Add and improve animal and wildlife exhibits.
- Funds in support of the Pool to Pond Project that will convert the former Shiras swimming pool to a more natural pond providing habitats for wildlife through planting of native species of shrubs, trees and flora and building of boardwalks including handicap accessibility to the water.
- Contributions to our winter propane heating bill.
If you are a Benefit Member and are looking for community projects to assign your Thrivent Choice Dollars
or your Thrivent Action Teams
to please consider MooseWood Nature Center. Or, if you know other Thrivent members, please mention our organization to them.