With a MooseWood Birthday Party
$70.00 for up to 12 children
Members receive a $10 Discount!
(Discount starts at family membership and up)
MooseWood Nature Center offers an exciting place for your child to experience an extra special birthday party! We answer all those “Why?” questions your child is asking about their natural environment.
MNC will Provide:
- 2.5 hour room rental for a maximum of 12 children (includes set-up and clean-up time).
- Recommended ages for parties: 4-12 years.
- 45-minute to 1-hour educator led program (indoor and/or outdoors). See available programs below.
- use of nature center room inhabited by live animal displays and wildlife.
- tables and chairs.
- a small freezer is available for your use if bringing ice cream.
Birthday Parents Must Provide:
- Cake, food and drinks.
- Food may be brought or delivered (no cooking area available) for party.
- Decorations, quiet party favors and tablecloths.
Set-Up and Clean-Up:
- We suggest arriving 30-minutes before your program start time to decorate the party space.
- Please leave the party space, tables and chairs the way you found them.
- Recycling is encouraged for cardboard, and rinsed glass, metal and plastics 1-7.
- Trash removal is your responsibility. Please bring 1-2 trash bags for your garbage and take it with you when you leave. MNC does not have immediate access to garbage disposal. Thank you.
Scheduling, Fees and Payment:
- To schedule your party, call 228-6250 or e-mail to email@example.com with Birthday Party Request is Subject line with name, phone number, your first and second choice party dates with times, and the best time to contact you. An educator will contact you within 24-48 hours to discuss your party details.
- When you schedule a party, a 2.5 hour time slot (approx.) will be reserved for you (this includes set-up & clean-up). Time slots are most commonly scheduled on weekends, but week day evenings may also be arranged depending upon our educator(s) availability. Please note that our operating hours are Saturday and Sunday, 12:00 – 4:00 pm.
- Fee: $70.00 for Not-Yet-Members, $60.00 for Members (starting at $25 Family membership and up). An additional fee of $5/child will be charged for children guests beyond 12.
- Payment can be made by check, cash or money order (credit cards not accepted) and will be accepted prior to party date or day of party.
Supervision and Helpful Tips for an Excellent Party Experience:
- Please provide adequate supervision for maximum enjoyment of the program and your visit. With children 3-5 years, we suggest a ratio of one adult to three children, for children six and older the suggested ratio is one adult to five children.
- Smaller party groups may make your child’s program more meaningful. Your party fee allows a maximum of 12 children, with parents and supervising parents at no additional charge.
- Heath codes require that all adults and children must wash their hands prior to and afterwards when handling or touching the animals. Bathrooms are provided on site and hand sanitizer is available.
- For the safety of our visitors, please do not reach into animal exhibits to touch animals!
In Case of Inclement Weather:
- In case of inclement weather, parent(s) may request an alternate activity or program in place of their original activity or program.
- Your feedback is very valuable to us. If you have visited us recently, please take a moment to complete an evaluation form. Your feedback will help us improve the quality of our programs and let us know how we are doing. Thank you!
Donations are not required but greatly appreciated!
MNC Educator Led Programs:
In Cold Blood (Amphibians & Reptiles)
Catch Me if You Can! (Orienteering)
Marvelous Michigan Mammals
Batty About Bats
Big Bad Bog
Who’s A Pollinator? (seasonal)