Enter the 2020 “Get Out and Explore!” Photography Contest
The MooseWood Nature Center invites amateur photograhers to enter the “Get Out and Explore!” Photography Contest – the competition aims to promote getting out-of-doors and exploring Michigan’s natural places. Winning photographs will be displayed at the Nature Center, on the website and may be used in print and electronic publications.
Open to the following age groups:
- Elementary and Middle School
- High School
- Beyond High School
- Wildlife (any native Michigan animal)
- Florals and Macros (Michigan flowers and close-up images)
- Upper Peninsula Landscape Scenery
The competition, in its very first year, offers a cash fund of $775.00. Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- Best of Show: Complimenatary 2- year membership to MooseWood Nature Center and a cash prize of $100.
- First place winners in all categories: Complimentary 1-year membership to MooseWood Nature Center an a cash prize of $50.
- Second place winners in all categories: Complimentary 1-year membership to MooseWood Nature Center and a cash prize of $25.
- All winners, including third-place winners: Complimentary MooseWood mug.
Photographers may win in more than one category. In the event that a participant receives multiple awards, they will be given one award at the highest level received.
How to Submit-
Submissions must be sent electronically to email@example.com along with the photographers name, age category, subject catagory, photograph title, location, and description.
Photo Size- Photos must be individually submitted. Larger size photos are preferred. GMail can handle up to 25 MB in attachments. Photos with 200-300 dots per inch (dpi) resolution is best. Please do not send 72 dpi photos. Photos at this resolution will not be able to be printed to the 8 x 10 printing size needed for display purposes should the photo win.
Photos with signatures, watermarks and time stamps will not be accepted.
Deadline for all entries to the “Get Out and Explore!” Photography Contest must be submitted by June 1, 2021. A panel of judges will review the entries and select the winners. The decisions of the judges are final. Winners will be announced in July 2021. Winning photographs will be displayed at the Nature Center and the website.
Click the link below to learn more: